Sunday, January 17, 2010

Only 19

I am 19 years old. I have to remind myself of that sometimes when thoughts of hopelessness start to creep into my mind. I am in my second year of college and with this, comes a sort of skewing of the world. My life ceases to continue on until I die, but rather stops at my graduation day. I begin to measure life based on school terms and try to plan all of my experiences into that time. I currently have 5 more semesters left to live and this is not enough time to do all of the things that I want to do, want to learn.

I am 19 years old, yet I have it somewhere in my mind that I only have the next two years to pursue my passions... I sometimes have to remind myself exactly how young I am. While I am not a child, I am far from past my prime (barely even in my prime actually).

I am far too wrapped up in academia. I am too focused on college and succeeding here when I should be focused on following what I love, out there in the world. My school is just one part of a complex universe. I am writing this, in a way, to share my struggle with the wider world (aka, whoever happens to read this damn thing) and also to help remind myself that I am far from out of time (although, this is no excuse to be lazy either :-P)

Sometimes it's good to reflect...

No comments:

Post a Comment